YOGA FOR KIDS & TEENS
Yoga is not only beneficial for adults. It also appears to provide several benefits to children and teenagers as well:
- Yoga helps children/teens manage their anxiety through breathing exercises and relaxation techniques, which in return help them with stress management
- children/teens learn to be in the present moment while relaxing and gaining a peaceful state of mind, which ultimately improves their emotional regulation
- Yoga boosts children/teens’ self-esteem. Perfecting a pose or improving their balance and flexibility can give them a sense of personal empowerment
- Yoga increases children/teens’ body awareness and mindfulness
- It enhances children/teens’ concentration and memory, which can help to enhance their academic performance
- Yoga helps strengthen children/teens’ growing bodies and helps them improve their flexibility and strength
- It can reduce impulsivity by providing a physical outlet for children to express themselves. It also teaches them discipline as they work on clearing their minds and perfecting their poses.
YOGAZAZ teaches kids/teens from the age of 7 until the age of 18. For younger children, yoga is taught using music and games to familiarise them with yoga poses and sequences. Classes also include a pranayama/breathing exercise, a mindfulness exercise, and a relaxation phase to calm the body and mind.
If you are interested in organising a small group class for your children (8 children max.), please contact me here.